Business immigration to Manitoba or how to realize the dream of a comfortable life
How does successful business immigration to Manitoba work? What programs will allow you to get permanent residence in Canada for the whole family?
In this article, you will learn how to immigrate to the Canadian province Manitoba with help of provincial and federal programs.
As you know, the constitutional federal monarchy of Canada consists of 10 provinces and 3 territories. In Canada, the process of decentralization of federal units turned out to be one of the most pronounced on the planet. Each province and territory has the opportunity to pursue its own policy here, and laws and regulations can vary quite a lot from one territorial unit to another.
Let’s talk about one of the most economically developed provinces — Manitoba.
About the province of Manitoba
Manitoba is located in the very center of Canada, simultaneously bordering on the east with Ontario, in the west with the province of Saskatchewan, in the north with the Northwest Territories and Nunavut, and with the United States in the South along the borders with North Dakota and Minnesota.
There is a rather pleasant continental climate and an incredible number of lakes: they occupy one sixth of the entire territory of the province. At the same time, almost half of the territory belongs to royal forests, which conquer the hearts of nature lovers with their biodiversity.
Famous Canadian painter of the last century Tom Thomson immortalized the beautiful nature of Canada in his canvases. Get to know his work: the paintings of the Canadian regions literally come to life and perfectly convey the unfading beauty of Manitoba.
Canada is very keen on monitoring the ecology level of the environment in the country. And this, undoubtedly, makes a positive effect on the life of the population. Countrywide cleanliness, respect for the surrounding space and constant development of infrastructure: this is why Canada is one of the most comfortable countries in the world.
Half of the population of over a million are immigrants from all over the world. Manitoba has a peculiarity. Its non-urbanization. More than half of the province’s residents prefer to settle in areas outside the city limits or in small cities. It is calm, beautiful and cozy here. Not surprisingly, for example, business immigration to Manitoba is so popular.
Immigration to Manitoba
The main immigration program in Manitoba is the local provincial subprogram of the Canada-wide Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Manitoba’s program is called the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) and operates in conjunction with the Express Entry system.
A little about Express Entry
It is a Canadian digital platform through which immigrants are assessed for selection for an invitation to the country. The system was created in order to as accurately as possible identify among the applicants exactly those people who can bring the greatest benefit to the country’s economy and culture. As you know, business immigration is aimed at attracting the most outstanding specialists from all over the world.
The system is used by both federal and provincial governments and employers throughout Canada. Thanks to the fact that Canada has abandoned paper applications for immigration, the country has managed to simplify and speed up the process of data processing at times. Thanks to the platform, we help our clients to establish a direct dialogue with potential employers: no red tape, everything is here and now.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
Application through Express Entry
Is job offer required?
Manitoba Express Entry Pathway
Manitoba Work Experience Pathway
Skilled Workers in Manitoba (SWM)
Skilled Workers Overseas (SWO)
Human Capital Pathway
Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway
International Education Career Employment Pathway
International Education Graduate Internship Pathway
International Student Entrepreneur Pilot
Morden Community-Drive Initiative
Farm Investor Pathway
Under the program, selected applicants receive a Manitoba Provincial Nomination Certificate.
Let’s take a closer look at the flows that make it possible to obtain permanent residence in Canada.
Skilled Worker in Manitoba is a program for skilled workers who are currently abroad and graduates, citizens of other countries who work in Manitoba or who have been offered permanent full-time work here. A similar program of immigration to Canada is the Manitoba Work Experience Pathway. It is suitable for those people who already have an active profile with the Express Entry system, and their profession is on the list of the most in-demand specialties in Canada. Applicants for this program are also usually closely related to their families in Manitoba. This program does not prevent you from additionally participating in other flows of Manitoba’s provincial immigration programs. If you already have agreements with a potential employer, pay attention to the Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway. This path is open to those who already have the necessary work experience in a demanded industry and have received a job offer from a potential employer. All programs help to immigrate to Canada, while obtaining permanent residence.
Professions in demand in Manitoba
We present to your attention a list of professions that are in the greatest demand on the market:
- heads of enterprises
- personnel specialists
- social workers and psychologists
- Analytical Scientists and Science Managers
- mathematics and statistics
- investment managers
- financiers and auditors
- legal assistants
- real estate administrators
- marketers and supervisors
- production engineers
- industrial engineers
- mechanical engineers
- civil engineers
- electrical engineers
- IT specialists and managers of computer and information systems
- programmers, web designers and developers
- medical technologists and technicians
- medical laboratory assistants
- agricultural workers
- architects and surveyors
- engineers and engineering managers
- chemical and biological technologists and technicians
- dental hygienists and dentists
- pilots, flight engineers and aircraft designers
Skilled Worker Overseas
The Skilled Worker Overseas stream is for those outside of Canada. Candidates are assessed according to a special point system. To move to Canada under the program, you must demonstrate that you already have a close relationship with the people of Manitoba. For example, you can go for Manitoba Support if family or friends are willing to invite you to the country and become your sponsors. Alternatively, you can receive an invitation to the Manitoba Manitoba Invitation by the provincial MPNP program. Also, your option is to return to the country if you previously received your education in Manitoba or successfully worked here. In this case, you must score at least 60 points when assessing the following parameters: education, knowledge of the English language, adaptation potential, age and education.
If you meet the requirements of the Express Entry system, and you already have an active profile in it, then you can take the opportunity that the Manitoba Express Entry Pathway program gives and leave for Canada. That being said, your specialization should be in demand in the provinces, and you should also have strong family ties with Manitoba. Slightly different, but very similar requirements are put forward by the Human Capital Pathway program. In order to pass through it, you need to demonstrate a willingness and ability to forge strong connections in a sought-after industry and become a useful and active specialist in it. You must have specialized experience in Manitoba.
What if you want to immigrate as an investor?
Business Investor Stream (formerly MPNP-B) allows you to make business investments. This is not a flow for passive investors. This is a real business opportunity. To use it, you will have to apply for permission to run your own business in Manitoba: be its leader, invest your own legal funds in it. The application is submitted through the Express Entry system. The most promising specialists are selected.
It should be noted that there is a separate investment program for professionals associated with farming, which allows them to make investments in business. The name of the program is Farm Investor Pathway. It allows people with experience in agro-industrial farming and sufficient personal funds to immigrate to Canada in order to build and manage their own farm in Manitoba.
Is there a separate stream for entrepreneurs who are not ready to become investors? Pay special attention to the Entrepreneur Pathway program. Flow also includes applying for participation through the electronic Expression of Interest system. It is attended by potential immigrants to Canada, who, first of all, want to live in Manitoba. Terms:
- you must have a legal business in another country, be its owner
- you must start living in Manitoba
- you must establish, co-found, or acquire an operating business in the province in the first two years after arriving with a temporary work permit
International Education Stream
This program is designed to ensure that graduates from educational institutions in Manitoba receive permanent residence in Canada through an accelerated procedure.
In the stream – 3 directions:
- the path of employment in accordance with the career history (Career Employment Pathway)
- the path of passing the internship by the graduate after successful completion of training (Graduate Internship Pathway)
- the path of student entrepreneurship (Student Entrepreneur Pathway)
The Career Employment Pathway is aimed at graduates from all over the world who decide to relocate to Canada. To complete the program, you need to get a job in one of the most sought after industries in the province. The employer must intend to hire you on a long-term basis. Of course, in this case, the place of work should correspond to the profile of your education.
Requirements for applicants:
- you have graduated from higher education in the last 3 years. At the same time, the minimum training requirements: 1 year, two semesters, a full course of study
- minimum level of language proficiency – CLB 7
- you must have a valid job offer from an eligible person. The term of the contract is at least 1 year. The profession must correspond to the list of professions most in demand in the province. The training profile must correspond to the declared position
- at the time of making a decision on your application, you must be employed in your specialty
- You must demonstrate that you have sufficient liquidity to live in Manitoba for a period of 6 months. The calculation is made for the minimum subsistence level. Or you can have a permanent full-time job with a long-term contract
Graduate Internship Pathway — this path is open to students who have completed their master’s or degree in Manitoba. You can become an intern if your activity is focused on innovation in the province. That being said, you don’t need to have a job offer.
Requirements for applicants:
- education: master’s or doctoral degree obtained in Manitoba within the last 3 years
- language proficiency level: minimum – CLB 7
- you must demonstrate sufficient means to live for 6 months. Or you may be in long-term full-time employment in Manitoba
- you must be in Manitoba at the time of application
Student Entrepreneur Pathway this path helps graduates of higher educational institutions of Manitoba to run their own business (start a new business) and obtain temporary work permits. This program paves the way for obtaining permanent residence in Canada.
Requirements for applicants:
- business experience: you will need to provide a business plan as part of your MPNP application
- you must run a business in Manitoba on a daily basis for the last 6 months prior to the application date. Your share in the business must be at least 51%
- minimum level of language proficiency – CLB 7 (IELTS test results are also accepted)
- education: higher education received in Manitoba with at least 2 years of study (distance learning or compressed academic programs do not qualify for participation in the stream)
- age: 21-35
Do you want to know more about the methods of immigration to Manitoba? Get in touch with our experts!