How to get an entrepreneur visa and open a business in Canada
Immigration for entrepreneurs as part of business immigration to Canada is developing more actively every year. To be eligible to participate in the Entrepreneur Visa program, an applicant must have an amount of at least 300,000 US dollars. In addition, he must want and be able to create, invest or buy a business in Canada. A business that will create new jobs in Canada and will have a beneficial effect on the country’s economy.
To pass the Entrepreneur Visa program and open a business in Canada you need:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of business experience for five years prior to the application. This should be in a legitimate and profitable business, which the businessman manages alone or with a partner and controls at least 25% of the capital.
- Have business experience. This means the actual and complete fulfillment of duties related to the planning, management and control of material, financial and human resources.
- Control at least 25% of the capital.
- Submit all documents necessary for applying for a business visa.
The assessment of an Entrepreneur Visa application will also take into account other factors:
- Applicant’s age and age of his spouse;
- The nature and duration of the applicant’s training;
- Applicant’s language skills.