Investor Visa: Immigrating to Canada through a Business Immigration Program
How to obtain permanent residence in Canada to a resident of the CIS through investing? For a long time Canada has been among the world leaders in attracting immigrant investors. And now immigration to Canada through investment is one of the most popular ways of business immigration.
If you are an experienced businessman or a wealthy person who wants to invest in a business in Canada or start a start-up in Canada, an investor visa can be a quick option for you to immigrate to Canada.
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to quickly obtain Canadian citizenship, because unlike a number of other countries, there is no legal program of economic citizenship. However, you can get a residence permit in Canada for investment on certain conditions.
How much does it take to invest in Canada to get a PR? A businessman can obtain a business visa by investing in Canada in the amount of $ 800,000 for a period of at least five years under the Federal Program.
In order to be eligible to participate in the Canada Immigrant Investor Program, an applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application
- Confirm that he/she has equity of at least 2 million Canadian dollars obtained legally
- Provide evidence of two years of business experience
- Managing of the relevant business and controlling the percentage of equity of the relevant business for at least two years in the period starting five years before the date of application.
- Managing a team of at least five full-time employees per year for two years (the last 5 years before the date of application).
- The combination of one year of experience described in the first paragraph, and one year of experience described in the second paragraph above.
- Demonstrate that he/she has sufficient funds to support his/her life at a residence permit in Canada.
When considering the application for an Investor Visa, the Government of Canada will consider such criteria as work experience, education, age, knowledge of languages (French, English and others).