Ontario Business Immigration Program
Information for entrepreneurs
The Ontario Business Immigration Business Stream is created to support people from outside Canada who want to create a new business or buy an existing one in Ontario. The program provides entrepreneurs the opportunity to be nominated for permanent resident status after their new business was officially established in Ontario.
Ontario has a dynamic and innovative business environment in which small and medium enterprises flourish. Ontario offers key business benefits and access to strategic North American markets, with access to more than 140 million consumers within a day’s distance from its borders.
Ontario Business Benefits
- Economic Center of Canada
- Qualified work force
- Competitive taxes
- High quality of life
- Universal health care
- World-class public education
- Incentives to help your business grow
- Diverse, culturally progressive communities
You can qualify for the program if you are a profitable business owner who can bring significant economic benefits to the province. If your proposal is approved, you and your business partner can apply for a temporary work permit to establish your business. Once your business is successfully established, you and one business partner will be able to apply for a permanent residence.
To be eligible to participate, you and your business partner must comply with the five requirements established under this business immigration program.
- At least three years of full-time work experience in the last five years.
- You must have a business owner OR a senior manager (business management) experience.
- If your proposed business will be located in the Greater Toronto Area (includes Toronto, Durham, Halton, York and Peel areas), you must have a minimum net worth of 1,500,000 Canadian dollars.
- If your proposed business is located outside the Greater Toronto Area, you must have a minimum net worth of 800,000 Canadian dollars.
- If your proposed business will be in the ICT / Digital Communications sector (regardless of location), you must have a minimum net worth of 800,000 Canadian dollars
Personal investment funds
- If your proposed business is located in the territory of the Greater Toronto Area, you must make a minimum personal investment of 1,000,000 Canadian dollars and have a minimum equity ownership of 33.3 percent.
- If your proposed business is located outside the Toronto region, you must make a minimum personal investment of 500,000 Canadian dollars and have a minimum equity ownership of 33.3 percent.
- If your proposed business will be in the ICT / Digital Communications sector (regardless of location), you must make a minimum personal investment of 500,000 Canadian dollars and have a minimum equity ownership of 33.3 percent.
- You must create at least two full-time permanent jobs for Canadian citizens / permanent residents.
- If you plan to acquire an existing business, you must make at least one business visit to Ontario the last year before the date you submitted your application.
Experts of the C.I.S. Inc. will guide you through all phases of the entrepreneurial stream of the Ontario Business Immigration Program, and will also be happy to share experience to complete all the necessary formalities. Send a request for consultation.