The spread of the COVID-19 virus has affected a wide variety of areas in different ways. Many countries, including Canada, have already issued entry restrictions, but Canadian immigration policy continues to focus on business immigration under the Start-Up Visa program. Despite the emergency and the possible delays in processing documents, new applications for permanent residence in Canada WILL BE ACCEPTED!
The Canadian business immigration program Start-Up Visa is a unique opportunity to obtain permanent residence, and in the future, Canadian citizenship. A bachelor’s degree in business, technology, as well as related fields of activity, business experience or knowledge of the basic management processes gives a big chance to get a Start-Up Visa.
Currently, the most popular and most attractive startup areas for investors are artificial intelligence, blockchain, cybersecurity, SaaS, VR / AR / MR, innovative healthcare technologies and financial services. Applications of potential candidates for a Start-up Visa will be evaluated from the standpoint of compliance with the following criteria:
- Business must contribute to Canada’s economy
- The area should be in demand
- Start-Up must be innovative
- The applicant must have a management experience
Another advantage of the program is the ability to move up to 5 business owners with families to Canada, where everyone can get a permanent residence, and in the future, Canadian citizenship!
Main conditions for obtaining a Start-Up Visa:
- Receiving a Letter of Support from an authorized financial institution – a business incubator, angel investor or venture fund. The organization must confirm that your startup is innovative and necessary for the Canadian economy. In order to receive a Letter of Support, you need to go through an interview.
- Attracting investment. There are differences in obtaining investments from venture capital funds, angel investors and business incubators. You can find more detailed requirements here
- Confirmation of language requirements and provision of necessary documents. A potential candidate must demonstrate knowledge of English / French at the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) / Niveau de compétence linguistique canadien (NCLC) 5, as well as provide proof that he has enough money to stay in Canada before receiving income.
We provide strategic consulting at an early stage of a Start-Up project. We will help you with a preliminary assessment of your startup in Canada and planning for its successful passage through the immigration program in Canada. We will also tell you how to attract investment and get a Start-Up Visa.